Monday, July 23, 2012

Bad Day or Good Day???

Shopping with a 10 week old, by yourself, is the worst idea ever and completely exhausting! Needless to say I didn't accomplish everything that I set out to do today and luckily my trip out wasn't a huge fail.


First, I left the house this morning already upset and ready to injure a cat that chose to jump on my night stand and paw my Tiffany Blue ring box to the ground and cause it to break.  I was also annoyed even more because my phone hasn't been working correctly and I have to restart it every time I want to use a different app.  ANNOYING!



Second, this is how I attempted to keep my screaming baby, who only wanted to be held, quiet while trying on clothes and looking at purses.



Anyways, I left home today with a plan that seemed simple to complete.  HA!

1) Purchase cute new shirt I found online to wear to dinner Saturday night for my anniversary.

Little Man started crying as soon as we walked into the store, wanting to be held and they only had one shirt left and it was a large.  =(  It was even cuter in person...so sad.  

2) Buy bigger jeans for Saturday night because I really don't want to rock the maternity jeans on my anniversary. (Yes, I'm still wearing maternity jeans 10 weeks post baby.)  This is the point I attempted to use a blanket and burp cloth to prop up a bottle to keep someone happy while I tried on jeans.  Of course after all of that work and stress, I walked away without a pair of jeans.  I really don't want to spend money on a bigger jeans.  I just want my old ones to fit YESTERDAY!

3) Look in the store for the purse/bag I've been eyeing online to order to see if the size was too big.


The store thankfully had the bag in stock and I loved it AND one of the colors I was considering buying was 50% off!  My color choice dilemma was over!  The bag came home with me.  I also bought a set of three zip pouches to help keep things organized.  The larger one fits diapers and wipes perfectly.  I know it is a tote bag, but it seems perfect to carry my things and essentials for baby when I don't want to carry the diaper bag.


4) Run into Ulta to buy my foundation.

5) Make a return at Target and buy formula.

The last two things, as simple as they sounded, didn't happen.  I. WAS. DONE.  Of course Little Man fell asleep as soon as he got in the car when we left the mall, but I still didn't dare make the last two stops on the way home.  To recover from our stressful successful/unsuccessful shopping trip we came home and I snuggled in bed with my Little Man while he napped and magically my phone chose to work properly for me during that hour (it now is currently back to sucking) to keep me entertained.

I call around and locate my shirt in the size I was looking for...but do I dare venture out to another mall tomorrow with Little Man?




No comments:

Post a Comment